Advantages and Disadvantages of Fitted Kitchens and Family Sofa For Your Home
Once you’ve made the decision to give your kitchen an overhaul, the next thing you’ll need to think about is whether or not to go for a fitted design. Since, in all likelihood, you won’t be revamping your kitchen again any time soon, it makes sense to research the advantages and disadvantages of having a fitted kitchen.
Advantages of fitted kitchens
• Ideal for small spaces – if you frequently run out of storage space or you just can’t always find what you’re after, chances are, you’ve got a small kitchen. A fitted kitchen can solve some of these problems though. You’ll be able to design a kitchen which fits into every little nook and cranny, making the most of the available space.
• It will be designed specifically for your room – many fitted kitchen suppliers, including companies like Wren Kitchens, have online design tools to ensure you get everything you want out of the room. You’ll be able to measure up, with some expert help if you need it, so the units all fit perfectly in your space.
• Choose your own décor – one of the biggest advantages of having a fitted kitchen is that you get to design it yourself. You can choose the worktops, unit coverings and even the sink accessories to make sure it complements everything else in the space. Whether you choose to hide your fridge-freezer in a cupboard or put your hob on a kitchen island, the decision really is all yours.
• Cater for irregular-shaped rooms – not everyone is lucky enough to have a perfectly shaped kitchen. While free-standing units won’t really work in an irregular-shaped room, fitted units will. It’s far easier to put a kitchen designed for a space into it than it is to traipse around finding
Disadvantages of fitted kitchens
• It is static – once you’ve fitted a kitchen, it has to stay put exactly there. You won’t be able to move things around like you can with free-standing units, meaning you can’t add pieces to the space as you go along.
• Restrictive design – if you go for a fitted kitchen, everything has to slot into its rightful place. You only have so many options as to where you put the cooker and the deep drawers, giving you less flexibility
• Can be time consuming – if you’re short on time, a free-standing kitchen is bound to seem more appealing to you. Fitted kitchens can take a while to get everything in place, so you could stuck without essential things like an oven
Obviously, the kitchen you choose will very much be based upon your preferences. But what’s worth bearing in mind is that there are companies out there, such as Wren Kitchens, which offer fully assembled kitchen cabinets to their customers. This can knock some time off the installation process and you’ll find them at very decent prices. You’ll still need a couple of weeks to fit the kitchen, but you could probably do it quicker than that if you set some time aside and don’t just try to do it at the weekends.
When it comes to home comfort, the traditional family room is one of the most frequent places a family will spend their time in so it makes a lot of sense to make sure you have a good sofa that is both comfortable and can accommodate the size of your family. Leather sofas and other sofas come in many different sizes and there are also loveseats that usually come along with a complete set which consists of a 4 person sofa, a 3 person sofa and a matching loveseat.
In terms of choosing a leather sofa that suits your needs and really completes your family room you need to decide on whether or not you want a more traditional leather sofa or if you opt for a more modern or contemporary sofa. Then you need to decide on what color you want and what kind of as well as the style of the sofa. You can also go really crazy and even get custom leather sofas since most high quality leather sofas are made by hand, or at least as much of the sofa as possible.
Leather sofas continue to grow in popularity because they are very elegant and they also last a long time if cared for properly. It’s also worth investing into a good sofa because you’re going to be spending a considerable time on it so you want to make sure you’re comfortable. Some leather sofas are even reclinable so if you want to really relax be sure to look for that feature in your sofa. At the end of the day though it’s all about what specific sofa works for you and your family.